Community involvement is very important to Outcomes. Our seniors have given so much to all of us and deserve to be honored. Outcomes offers free community involvement aimed at enriching the lives of seniors.
We began our effort with educating seniors on fall prevention and how to maintain their current quality of life. Then it occurred to us, “why not improve the quality of life of seniors?” We pulled together a team and began to ask ourselves, “what can we offer our seniors to truly enhance their lives?”
Since that time our community liaisons has been actively serving seniors in various ways including:
- Art Instruction from a local artist who studied at the Austin Fine Arts Academy and recently sold a piece of art to the Irish Consulate
- Group Class instruction by a ACE Certified Instructor
- Education classes aimed at keeping seniors independent and mentally strong
- Service projects focused at reducing flu risks to this susceptible population
- Assistance in various events including Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas decorations and Senior Prom in order to allow the staff to have time to enjoy their residents
- Preventing hundreds of falls through balance education and researched based balance testing
- Gym Instruction at senior’s community gyms, instructing residents on how to safely use all gym equipment. Residents were also given a basic workout plan as well as a tracking sheet to help them keep themselves accountable.
- Assisting independent living communities in activities such as bingo, horse races and bean bag baseball
If you have a service opportunity for our community liaisons please contact Imani or Lisa.
Austin Community Liaison: Kelsey Laskowske
San Antonio Community Liaison: Kaydee Bailey
Tell us what you think!
We are constantly working to raise the bar on our services. If you have any questions or concerns about your experience, please let us know. Our support concierges are available 24/7.
Cory Peterson, PT, DPT
President / CEO
Laurie Prater, OTR, CDP, CAPS
Vice President / COO
Kaydee Bailey, PTA, CDP, CDSGF, CMDCP, CADDCT
(512) 710-6516 ext 409
(512) 710-6516 ext 402
Browse through our selection of photos to get a glimpse of the kind of services we provide.